Supplier Privacy Notice (V.3.2)
Coupang Corp. (hereinafter referred to as “Coupang”) establishes and discloses the following Privacy Notice to protect suppliers’ personal information in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act and handle related issues in a quick and seamless manner. Any updates to this Privacy Notice will be posted on our website’s notice board, including the effective date and the details of the revision. .
1. Personal Information Collected, Purpose of Collection, and Retention Period
|Purpose of Collection
|Period of Retention and Use
|Membership sign-up, user identification, and member management
|User ID, name, email, mobile number, password
|Destroyed upon the termination of the
contract of use
|User ID, email, mobile number, address, and service use records detected as a fraud
|Retained for 1 year after the termination of the contract of use and then destroyed
|To verify the name of corporation or
|Copy of bankbook
|Retained for 14 days after the collection and then destroyed
Coupang may collect additional personal information(Abbreviation: ‘PI’) after obtaining the consent of the supplier to provide various services.
- Internet Explorer: Menu > Tools > Internet Options > General > Browsing History > ‘Delete’ and ‘Settings’
- Google Chrome: Menu > Settings > ‘Privacy and Security’
- Safari: Preferences > ‘Prevent cross-site tracking’ and ‘Block all cookies’
- Major internet web browsers including Firefox and Opera are also providing cookie deletion features.
- Android: Home > Settings > Google > Ads > Turn on “Opt out of Ads Personalization”
- iPhone: Home > Settings > Privacy > Tracking > Turn off “Allow apps to request to Track”
2. Provision and Consignment of Personal Information
Coupang provides personal information to third parties only within the scope of consent obtained from the supplier.
Coupang may provide personal information in accordance with the due process of law, for instance, where there are special provisions in applicable laws such as the Personal Information Protection Act, Act On Promotion Of Information And Communications Network Utilization And Information Protection, Protection Of Communications Secrets Act, Telecommunications Business Act, Act On The Consumer Protection In Electronic Commerce, Framework Act On National Taxes, Credit Information Use And Protection Act, or a warrant or an official document signed by the head of the organization is presented. In particular, Coupang can provide personal information to related authorities without the consent of the supplier in the event of an emergency such as a disaster, infectious disease, event or accident that causes imminent threat to life or health, or imminent loss of property.
|Purpose of Consignment
|Amazon Web Services
|LG Uplus, KT, Kakao, NHN, LG CNS
|Message delivery service
|Tax invoice processing
|UBASE, KS KBSJOB, Transcosmos Korea
3. Use and Provision Without Supplier’s Consent
4. Processing of Pseudonymized Information
In some circumstances where it is necessary for statistics, scientific research, archiving for public interest, or other purposes, Coupang may pseudonymize the collected personal information so that it can no longer be identified an individual.
5. Procedure for and Methods of Destroying Personal Information
The procedure for and methods of destroying personal information are as follows:
- Procedure of Destruction : Once the purpose of personal information collection and use has been achieved, the information is separately stored and then destroyed after retaining for a certain period of time in obligation with the internal policies and applicable laws
- Methods of Destruction : Personal information in electronic form is destroyed through means that will make the data irrecoverable, whereas personal information stored in a hard copy format is destroyed using a shredder.
However, if it is required by applicable laws to retain personal information even after the expiration of personal information retention period consented by the supplier or after achieving the purpose of processing, Coupang separately stores and manages to retain the necessary personal information.
|Records of settlement and supplying goods, etc.
|Act On the Consumer Protection In Electronic Commerce
|Records of contract or subscription withdrawal, etc.
|Records of customer complaints or settlement of disputes
|Records of indication or advertisement
|Records of electronic financial transactions
|Electronic Financial Transactions Act
|Website/app visit history
|Protection Of Communications Secrets Act
|Evidential materials on national taxes for all transactions
|Framework Act On National Taxes
|Tax base and tax-filing materials
|Tax base for value-added tax and tax-filing materials
|Value-added Tax Act
6. Rights and Obligations of Supplier and Legal Representatives and How to Exercise the Rights
User ID and password should not be transferred or lent to others, and Coupang is not responsible for any issues caused by such actions. Any act of inflicting damage on the information and dignity of others is punishable by the Personal Information Protection Act and the Act On Promotion Of Information And Communications Network Utilization And Information Protection.
7. Personal Information Safeguard Measures
8. Chief Privacy Officer and Customer Support Team
Coupang designates a Chief Privacy Officer in charge of personal information protection as below to take responsibility for the processing of personal information, and to handle complaints and damage relief from suppliers related to personal information processing.
|Person/Team in Charge
|Chief Privacy Officer (CPO)
Kim Jong Jun
|Inquiry Response Team
|Supplier Call Center
Privacy Notice Version: 3.2
Effective Date: 11. 16. 2023
※ If you have any questions about privacy notice that is not indicated, please contact customer support team.